Job Vacancy – Pastry Chefs/Chef’s All Levels
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on providing our guests with the finest sporting hospitality ensuring that our matchday and event cuisine is of the very highest standard. We are currently looking for a number of qualified Chefs at all levels, who can help us cover home matches and events. The role entails the preparation and cooking of high quality food and assisting the catering team in ensuring an excellent level of food and service is provided to customers at all times.
Term: Home Matchdays and Events as required
Department: Executive Kitchen
Location: St. Andrew’s Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Salary: Competitive – Depending on skills and experience
Minimum Age: 16
Closing Date: Ongoing
Chef Job Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Executive Chef in food preparation maintaining high culinary standards
- Ensuring that dishes are prepared and served on time
- Making sure that all the items of food offered to our customers on the menus are available
- Keeping the kitchen in a clean and workable condition at all times
- Ensuring all company policies, hygiene, health and safety regulations are followed at all times.
Candidates MUST possess the following qualifications and/or relevant experience. Please detail in your application how you meet these criteria.
- Senior Sous Chef – A Michelin rated level Chef or Head Chef in 4 star hotels (includes Specialist Pastry Chefs). A fully qualified Chef responsible for overseeing matchday catering in a specific stand/area under direct supervision from the Executive Head Chef.
- Sous Chef – Fully qualified Chef with over 15 year’s experience at 2 rosette stars level. Able to run their own section and/or area of the Stadium in the absence of the Senior Sous Chef.
- Senior Chef de Partie – Fully qualified Chef with up to 15 year’s experience and 4-star hotel background. Qualified Chef will have the competence to run and manage a kitchen department and to report directly to the Senior Sous Chef.
- Chef de Partie – Fully qualified Chef with predominantly pub experience (i.e. non fine dining) with over 4 year’s experience. Qualified chef to NVQ Level 1 and 2 who is competent to take control of any given department in the Kitchen.
- First Commis Chef – Fully qualified Chef up to NVQ Level 1 or 2 with little experience but competent to take instructions in all kitchen departments from a Chef de Partie.
- Trainee Chef – No formal qualifications but will be currently studying for a formal catering qualification and wishes to progress. Must be able to demonstrate a real passion to learn.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Hard working, efficient, able to prioritise and work to a high standard under pressure in a busy quality driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of Food Safety Law
- Be passionate about food and looking to develop their professional career.
Please note: only applicants who demonstrate on their application form that they meet the above criteria will be shortlisted for an interview.
Chefs can be appointed on a PAYE casual basis or on a self-employed basis, please state in your application which type of contract you would prefer.
What we offer
- Competitive rates
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience in an elite environment and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- 10% discount in the Club’s Retail Superstore
Anyone interested should apply online at the following link. CV’s will not be accepted. https://birmingham-city-fc.eventdaystaff.co.uk/welcome.php.
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.