Basepoint Centre, Anderson Road
Southampton, Hampshire SO14 5FE
Fax: 0845 226 5484
Lisette Maas, Chair of Stadium Experience and Julian Britton, Vice Chair of Stadium Experience have both been shortlisted as finalists in The Stadium Business Awards 2012.
The nominations for The Stadium Business Awards, in association with KPMG, have been announced today and Lisette Maas and Julian Britton have both been shortlisted as a finalist in the Unsung Hero’s category.
Now in their third year, The Stadium Business Awards are the only awards to recognise a whole spectrum of achievements from across the global stadium industry. Not only will the venue and event of the year be acknowledged but also individuals from behind the scenes and successful local community projects.
“Every year we’re impressed by the incredible level of innovation and professionalism we witness during the nomination process and this year was no exception,” said Ian Nuttall, founder of The Stadium Business Summit. “Nominees should be very proud of their achievements and we congratulate them all in reaching the shortlist.”
The winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Evening, held during The Stadium Business Summit at the Museo dell’Automobile Turin, Italy on the 15th May 2012. Thousands of nominations were received from across the globe by the judging panel to create the shortlist. The independent panel of industry figures, includes:
- Ebru Köksal, General Secretary, Turkish Football Federation
- David Manica, President, MANICA Architecture, USA
- Pat Coyle, President, Coyle Media Inc, USA
- Michael Bolingbroke, COO, Manchester United FC
- Thierry Favre, Head of National Associations Development, UEFA
- Ian Nuttall (Chair), Founder, TheStadiumBusiness, Italy
“KPMG is delighted to be supporting TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2012 and playing a role in recognising best practice within the industry,” commented Andrea Sartori, Partner of KPMG Sports Advisory. “Many factors combine to create an outstanding venue and a successful business and this is what the awards bring to light – the people and places that have managed to stand out in a highly competitive field and achieve great things.”
As well as Lisette and Julian both being shortlisted we are proud to announce that the following Stadium Experience members have also been nominated in the following categories:
- Brighton & Albion (Venue of the Year, New Venue of the Year, Sponsorship Sales and Marketing, Executive Director, Customer Experience)
- Wembley Stadium (Sports Event of the Year and Sustainability Award)
- Coventry Football Club Ricoh Arena (Guest Event of the Year and Unsung Hero)
- Sunderland Football Club (Rising Star)
- Fulham Football Club (Safety and Security Award)
- Manchester City Football Club (Customer Experience)
- Cardiff City Football Club (Executive of the Year)